KineMaster Corporation and our affiliates (collectively, “Company”) respect the privacy rights of our customer and recognize the importance of your personal information. The Company complies with the "Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc." and "Personal Information Protection Act." Hereinafter, “you” or “your” refers to the customer who use our services, and “we,” “our” or “us” refers to the Company.
(1) “Personal Information” refers to the information about a living individual, which can identify the individual with the name, resident registration number, etc., included in the information (This includes Personal Information that can verify an identity when combined with another information but is insufficient for identification alone).
(2) “Service” refers to all the services provided by us, including all websites, applications, products and contents.
(3) “Customer” refers to any customer who uses the Service provided by us.
(4) “Member” refers to any Customer who has created an account through the registration procedure prescribed by the Company.
(5) “ID” refers to the email address submitted by the Customer and approved by the Company for your identity verification and use of Service.
(6) “Password” refers to the combination of letters and/or numbers created by the Customer for identity verification and protection of your rights and interests.
3. Collection of Personal Information
(1) Through websites, applications and other means, we collect your personal information as prescribed below. If you do not agree to provide such information, you may be restricted from using the Service:
- Membership registration information: email address, password and name;
- Membership registration information for children under the age of 14: name and contact information of legal representative;
- Paid service usage information: service purchase information and membership registration information;
- Event and promotion participation information: email address, name and address;
- Information for the provision of the Service: OS information, hardware information, Android ID, Google Advertising ID and advertising data; and
- Information automatically generated in the process of using the Service: IP address, access record, service usage record, crash logs, diagnostic information, performance data (launch time, hang rate, energy usage), product interactions and cookies.
(3) The Company may use Google API Services, including Google Sign-In and Google Drive APIs. The Company does not use Google API Services to collect, access, or share your personal information with external parties. And the use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google APIs Terms of Service and Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
(4) In principle, we do not collect the personal information of the Customer under the age of 14. However, when it is inevitable for the use of the Service, we will seek the consent of your legal representative in advance. We will destroy the information without delay at the end of the related business, and we ensure that your personal information will be thoroughly managed in the meanwhile.
4. Purpose of Personal Information Collection
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- To recommend and provide optimized and customized services through understanding your preferences in using our Service;
- To improve existing Services and develop new services;
- To compile analysis and statistics on your use of the Service;
- To ensure service stability, prevent fraudulent customers, protect accounts and restrict violations of laws and our Terms of Service;
- To notify and conduct events and promotions;
- To respond to complaints regarding the Service; and
- In regards reports made by the Customer regarding personal information, such as the request to access, modify and suspend the processing of the information.
5. Processing and Retention of Personal information
In principle, we destroy your personal information immediately once the purpose of the collection and its use have been fulfilled. However, if there is any need to retain the personal information according to the applicable laws, then we may store the information up to a time period pursuant to the laws, in which case we separately store and manage the personal information through transference to a separate database or a different storage space.
|Retained Information||Retention Period||Applicable Law|
|Records of contract or withdrawal of subscription||5 years||Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.|
|Records of payment and supply of goods, etc.||5 years||Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.|
|Records of consumer complaints or dispute settlement||3 years||Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.|
|Records of collection, processing and use of credit information||3 years||Credit Information Use and Protection Act|
|Records of marks and advertisement||6 months||Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.|
|Internet log records / Tracking data of access points||3 months||Protection of Communications Secrets Act|
|Other communication confirmation data||12 months||Protection of Communications Secrets Act|
6. Destruction of Personal Information
(1) Unless for a justifiable cause, your personal information will be destroyed immediately when its retention period has expired in pursuant to our policy or applicable laws, or once the purpose of the information collection has been accomplished.
(2) We will delete all digitally stored personal information through technical methods that makes the data un-restorable. The personal information printed on paper will be destroyed via means of shredding or incarceration.
7. Cookies Policy
Please refer to the following guidelines to control cookies on your web browser:
- Setting options for cookies (for Internet Explorer 8.x): Select "Internet Options" from the "Tool" menu. Click the "Personal Information” tab and select "Advanced," wherein you can set the cookie acceptance level according to your preference.
- Viewing saved cookies (for Internet Explorer 11.x): Select "Internet Options" from the "Tool" menu. Click the "General" tab and select “Settings” of ‘Search History.’ Here, select “View File” to check the list of saved cookies.
- Declining cookies (for Internet Explorer 11.x): Select "Internet Options" from the "Tool" menu. Click the "Personal Information” tab and select "Advanced,” wherein you can set your options to "Block All Cookies."
- Please click here to find more information on cookie control.
8. Sharing Personal Information with Third Party
(1) In principle, we collect your personal information only for the purposes specified in Article 4. We do not collect it beyond the original purpose or provide it to any third party without your prior consent.
However, in the following cases, unless it can unreasonably infringe the interest of you or any third party, we may use your personal data for other purposes or provide it to a third party:
- When it is clear the provision of information is necessary for an urgent matter in regard to the life, health and property of you or a third party, but when you or your legal representative is not in a state to express your intention or when we do not receive a response from you for a considerable time period from the point of notification;
- When pursuant to the provisions of applicable laws and regulations or demanded by an investigative agency for investigative purposes according to procedures and methods stipulated in the laws;
- To process fees charged from provision of paid service;
- When the personal information is processed and provided in an unidentifiable form for statistical purpose, academic research or market research; and
- Upon your prior consent.
(2) If we need your permission to use your information in the situations described in Paragraph 1, we will notify you of the elements prescribed in the following subparagraphs and also of any changes made to the subparagraphs, for which we will request a separate consent from you:
- Recipient(s) of your personal information;
- Purpose of using your personal information (if provided to others, we will state their purpose of usage);
- Information used or provided;
- Period of use and retention (if provided to others, we will state their period of use and retention); and
- Your right to refuse the provision and what possible disadvantages may follow your such decision.
9. Entrustment of Personal Information Management
(1) In principle, we do not entrust the procession of your personal information to others without your consent. However, we entrust the processing of such information as follows, for enhancement of our Service and development of new services:
|Trustee||Trustee Policy||Entrusted Work|
(2) In case we entrust the processing of your personal information through a consignment contract, etc., we stipulate clearly that the trustee must strictly follow our instructions of personal information protection and confidentiality; is prohibited from provision of such information to any third party; and holds liability for any related accidents. Such contract will be stored on document or through digital means by the Company. If there is any change made in the trustee or the content of the entrusted work, we will give notice through more than one of the notification methods (document, email, telephone, text message, website announcement, etc.)
10. Your Rights and Obligations
(1) The Customer and the legal representative of the Customer under the age of 14 (collectively, “Customer” in this Article) may access the Customer’s personal information by submitting a request form to access your personal information or that of the Customer under the age of 14 (in which case only the legal representative may request) handled by the Company.
We will reply to such request within 10 days of reception unless there is a special circumstance. If the request is rejected or deferred, we will notify you of the reasons for rejection and deference. Following are the cases in which we may notify you of the reason and reject or restrict your request of access:
- If access is prohibited or restricted by law; and
- If there is a risk of harming another person’s life or health or unreasonably infringing upon another person's property and interests
(2) After viewing your personal information, you may request correction or removal of wrong or unverified information. However, you cannot request removal of certain personal information we have been required to store by law.
(3) Upon receiving the Customer’s request for correction or removal of personal information made according to Paragraph 2, we will notify you within 10 days of reception the measures we have taken through an official notice in response to your request. If your request was not processed, we will also inform you of such result and the reasons, along with steps to take to file an objection.
(4) You may request to suspend the processing of your personal information. However, we may refuse such request by notifying you of the reasons in any of the cases described in the following subparagraphs or due to any other justifiable causes:
- If there is a relevant special provision in the law or if it is inevitable for our compliance with statutory obligations;
- If there is a risk of harming another person’s life or health or unreasonably infringing upon another person's property and interests; and
- If the Customer has not explicitly expressed the will to terminate the contract with us and it is difficult for us to continue fulfilling the contract without processing the information.
(5) Upon receiving the Customer’s request for suspension of personal information processing made according to Paragraph 4, we will notify you within 10 days of reception the measures we have taken through an official notice in response to your request. If your request was not processed, we will also inform you of such result and the reasons, along with steps to take to file an objection.
(6) We do not sell your personal information. If we intend to sell the personal information to any third party, we will notify you explicitly and obtain your permission to which you reserve the right to refuse.
(7) You may require us to transfer your personal information collected by us to another Customer or agency.
(8) You may withdraw your consent to collect and use personal information. However, you will no longer be able to use our Service as a Member, so you must withdraw your membership. You can request membership withdrawal by emailing us.
(9) If you wish to request relief in regard to exercising your rights or infringement of your rights over your personal information stated in each of the paragraphs of this Article, you may make the request through emailing us or the Personal Information Protection Manager specified in Article 13.
11. Transference of Personal Information to Overseas
(1) If you do not reside in the Republic of Korea, your personal information collected by us may be stored and processed on a server located outside the country you live in as follows:
Jurisdiction for processing personal information: Republic of Korea (where the Company headquarters locates) and the following countries where the regions of Amazon Web Services are located:
United States, Africa, Hong Kong, India, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Australia, Japan, China, Canada, Germany, Ireland, UK, Italy, France, Sweden, Bahrain, and Brazil
- Purpose of personal information transference: Storage and processing of the Company's server, processing of the service requested by the Customer and other related inquires.
(2) When we transfer your personal information, we apply protective measures according to the Personal Information Protection Act to secure your information and maintain the necessary level of protection.
12. Ensuring Safety of Personal Information
We take the necessary technical, administrative and physical measures in handling your personal information as follows:
(1) Your password is encrypted when we store and manage it, so only you know it. Only you, who are aware of the password, can access and change your personal information.
(2) To prevent leakage or damage of your personal information due to hacking or virus attacks on computer, we have installed our system where it is inaccessible from the outside. We back up our data on a frequent basis to prevent damage of personal information. We have in system the most up-to-date vaccine program to prevent leakage or damage of the personal information. We provide encrypted communication, etc. to safely transfer personal information on the network.
13. Personal Information Protection Manager
(1) We do our best to ensure that you can safely use our Service. You may report any personal information protection complaints related to the use of our Service to our personal information management supervisor or to the department in charge. We will respond promptly and sincerely to your report.
|Division||Personal Information Protection Manager|
|Department and Position||Business Planning Department / Executive Vice President|
(2) Please contact the following for more help:
- KISA Personal Information Infringement Report Center
- Supreme Prosecutor’s Office
- Korean National Police Agency Cyber Bureau
- Announcement Date: March 29, 2021
- Effective Date: April 5, 2021